Proud to be from LA.
Again, I was honored to be a part of this historical night in @NipseyHussle’s career, in music and in the culture. If you missed it, here’s a recap video of my boy Nipsey releasing his $100 “Crenshaw” album at my shop, youthfairfax. Peace and love to everyone that supported and come out to show that they we’re #Proud2Pay! And let’s keep on making history for the culture!
But that’s only assuming that I was actually missed lol. All jokes aside- it feels good to be posting again…I have so many updates. For those of you who have been with me throughout this journey know that I have been building a brand from ground…up. You have witness my trials and tribulations- and now it’s time for me to share some of my triumphs. Just recently, I was selected amongst 350 designers and artist to participate in this design show by the name of UNIQUE LA, which happens to be the largest independent design show in the country, and the only show to focus on modern, curated MADE-IN-AMERICA goods. This was my first time participating in anything like this- so I was extremely nervous. After months of preparation leading up to the 2-day event- designing, creating, editing, adding, subtracting, and editing some more…I was finally ready for the world and I am so thankful that my hard work was received well.
Thanks again Aisha, Marat, and Sonja for giving me the opportunity to shine. And thank you to all of my friends, family, and everyone else who came out to support me and my brand. And last but not least- a special thank you to Traci Alexis for helping me throughout this whole process and being there to make sure everything went smoothly.
Day 1 Recap
Day 2 Recap
“If we’re free from the burden of trying to be completely original, we can stop trying to make something out of nothing, and we can embrace influence instead of running away from it.” © Austin Kleon via “Steal Like An Artist”
F*ck you, pay me - Creative Mornings - March 2011
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh. When do you drink your first glass of water each day?
2. Define your top 3. Every morning Mike asks himself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” He prioritizes his day accordingly and doesn’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete. What’s your “Top 3” today?
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Mike spends his 10 minutes getting away from his desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water. What’s your most important task for the next 50 minutes?
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress. Most mornings you’ll find Mike in a CrossFit or a yoga class. How will you sweat today?
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness, which is why Mike keeps a gratitude journal. Every morning, he writes out at least five things he’s thankful for. In times of stress, he’ll pause and reflect on 10 things he’s grateful for. What are you grateful for today?
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Mike asks himself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?” So… what went well today? How can you do more of it?
New reading material…and i’ll be reading them in this order.
I, Lorenzo Diggins Jr., hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything: to trust in myself: to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever fucking look at branding, product development, and collaborations the same way again.
Make your pledge here.